- have a heart of gold 心地善良
eg, We should, therefore, have a heart of gold in dealing with people.
- two peas in a pod （外观）非常相像
eg. We are two peas in a pod!
- chalk and cheese 相差甚远，完全不同
eg. He and his sister are as different as chalkand cheese.
- a bundle of nerves 神经极度紧张的人
eg. She has become a bundle of nerves, starting at the slightest sound.
- busy as a bee 忙的不可开交的人
eg. My mother is as busy as a bee.
- sharp as a knife
eg. Tom, my friend, he\'s very very clever, he\'s as sharp as a knife.
- a party animal 非常喜欢聚会的人
- a bookworm
eg. He did not look much of a party animal either.
- hit the books 用功学习
eg. I\'ll have to hit the books to prepare for the finals.
- a night owl = burn the midnight oil 夜猫子
eg. I don\'t go to Sanlitun that often, as I\'m not much of a night owl.
- early bird 早起的人
eg. Early bird discounts are usually available at the beginning of the season.
- a social butterfly 善于交际的人
eg. Lucy is known as a social butterfly. She has taken many rich men for a ride, you know.
- soul mate 性情相投的人
eg. You find your soul mate, you get married, you stay together until you die, period.
- like peas and carrots 形影不离
eg. Jenny and me was like peas and carrots
- a pain in the neck 令人讨厌的家伙
eg. You can be such a pain in the neck!
- down to earth 脚踏实地的
- full of beans = active,lively and healthy 精神旺盛的
eg. The kids are really cute, but they\'re also full of beans.
- not playing with a full deck = someone who lacks intelligence愚蠢，头脑发昏的
eg. Joe Biden is not playing with a full deck. This is not somebody you can have as your president.
- stand on one\'s feet 自力更生，独立生活
- work around the clock = workaholic日以继夜的工作
- read one\'s mind看出他人的心思
- change one\'s mind改变主意
- catch one\'s eye引起某人注意
- chill out放松
- miss the boat 错失良机
- bump into = meet someone by chance 碰巧遇到
- work flat out = work very hard 尽全力，拼死的干
- give it one\'s best shot 尽最大的能力，努力去做
- do sth at all costs = do everthing to succeed 不惜一切代价做
- give sb a hand帮助别人
- sit on the fence 保持中立，采取骑墙策略
- keep an eye on sth 密切关注，照看
- know something inside out对某事了解很透彻
- lend a ear = be all ears 耐心倾听
- hit the hay = go to bed睡觉
- put yourself in someone\'s shoes站在别人的角度想
- throw in the towel = give up on something认输，放弃
- feel down in the dumps 感到难过，沮丧
- be on cloud nine 十分开心
- have a blast = sth makes one\'s day 十分开心
- be over the moon 十分开心
- be in high spirits 高兴
- be on cloud nine 十分高兴
- have a butterfly in my stomach 身体不舒服
- be blown away = suprised, impressed 惊讶, 留下深刻印象的
- find my feet = adapt to 努力适应新环境
- be fed up with sth 讨厌，对..厌烦
- keep one\'s chin up 不气馁
- bushed = tired 疲惫的
- be in deep water = be in a tight corner 陷入困境
- broke= flat 穷困的
- on the go = busy 繁忙的
- have mixed feelings about something 有特殊的复杂感情